Vice President, Supply Chain Business Development
// Location: Dallas, TX
Vice President, Supply Chain Business Development – a senior executive role that reports directly to the President. He/she will be responsible for developing the strategy and growing River Logic’s business in Supply Chain including defining solution priorities, establishing channels to market, and driving direct customer engagements. A business transformation leader with success in driving broad platform adoption (breadth and depth) in the Supply Chain space by ensuring that River Logic’s value proposition and go-to-market approach align with market needs and how customers buy. A builder of dynamic, cross-functional collaboration capabilities to deliver value to our customer and partners.
The ideal candidate will be based in Dallas, TX – although other locations could be considered for the right candidate – and have a proven track record of developing new business lines, driving sales execution, and establishing successful partnership that drove strong revenue performance as a result of their efforts. The candidate preferably has worked for a software or consulting firm in the Supply Chain space, has experience in sales and delivery functions, and understands optimization, scheduling, and/or planning software.
The Vice President, Supply Chain Business Development sets the strategy for all aspects of business development into the Supply Chain space and is responsible for meeting revenue objectives. He/she drives sales strategy and execution, direct sales cycles (in coordination with other resources), collaborates with partner management to identify, attract, and grow successful partnerships, and works closely with product management/pre-sales to prioritize solution and application building initiatives.
Their work includes:
- Define the go-to-market strategy within Supply Chain, including target industries/audiences, priority channels, and value proposition requirements
- Identify and engage companies in the target market for the purpose of building pipeline and closing revenue
- Collaborate with River Logic GTM teams to grow pipeline, including the inclusion of industry content, messaging, and potential marketing opportunities within Supply Chain
- Collaborate with the GTM team on partner targets within the Supply Chain space; which includes the management of “key” relationships within Supply Chain ecosystem of partners for driving pipeline and revenues
- Identify and engage new strategic partnerships around Supply Chain applications in collaboration with River Logic’s partner development teams – these may include consulting firms, resellers, and ISVs
- Work closely with pre-sales and product management to guide the solution and application building roadmap
- Maintain 300% net new pipeline coverage against quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- Demonstrate and sell our River Logic solution and corresponding “business value” to mid and high-level prospective decision makers
- Maintain accurate records of opportunity pipeline activities within the River Logic CRM application
- Travel as necessary to customer, partner, and marketing events to represent River Logic, and or present our solutions to both partners and end customers of partners
- Negotiate contracts and packages
- Meet/Exceed Sales Bookings/Revenue Goals
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the Supply Chain space, including key processes, applications, trends, and market dynamics
- Proven record of developing successful new businesses – including taking new solutions to market, establishing strategic partnerships (e.g. management consultants, advisory firms, ISVs) or setting up a new practice/offering on behalf of software providers with the objective of building a pipeline
- Knowledge of prescriptive analytics, business planning, and scheduling – including approaches and technologies
- Experience delivering Supply Chain – ideally planning – solutions a strong plus
- Working knowledge of micro-economics, managerial accounting, and constraint-based modeling
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (or similar) a plus
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken
- Superior negotiation skills
First 100 Days
The Vice President, Supply Chain Business Development will be expected to achieve the following within the first 100 days after hire:
- Attain strong command of River Logic technology, value proposition, and differentiation
- Develop a target account plan and execution strategy for direct sales
- Refine the messaging and be able to deliver a sales presentation and high-level demonstration
- Identify and initiate contact with selected potential customers where he/she has preexisting relationships; advance at least 2 customers past discovery stage
- Develop a plan of action for recruiting new partners in the Supply Chain space, and for accelerating current partner traction
- Advance at least two new partner relationships to the point of collaboration around developing their own River Logic IP (application) on our platform for a specific use case
- Establish an initial process for working with partner, product, and pre-sales teams
The compensation for this position will be market based and incentive/merit based driven.
Total package will include base salary, cash bonuses for achieving mutually agreed upon objectives, and stock ownership with a milestone driven vesting schedule.